Thursday, October 18, 2012

27th August – Today my birthday




Today is my birthday,
And I am indeed happy,
Firstly I would like to say,
Thank-you  Allah Almighty.

It is with indeed Your grace,
And  Your kindness too,
In this world I’m given space,
With lots of hullabaloo.

And next my mother and father,
Treating me like a dove,
Food clothing and shelter,
Provided me with lots of love.

My mum whispered in my ears,
“ I will always pray for you, Gee!”,
And I can’t help shedding  tears,
At this age still loving me.

It’s common to be receiving a gift,
On birthdays year to year,
But I’ll be making a cultural shift,
It’s mum that we shud hold dear,

It’s mum  who should be receiving,
And let me make her day,
For she has always been giving,
And for her happiness I  pray.

Oh Allah Almighty!
As mum and dad, to me have given,
Accord them with mercy and pity,
In peace, place them in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment